Friday, January 26, 2007

Forgiveness

Forgiveness may be the hardest concept to understand, let alone practice. The Lord's Prayer tells us to ask God to: Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us, (or debts, or trespasses). How is this possible? It certainly isn't easy. Perhaps this poem will help develop understanding of what is meant.


Forgiveness

You cling to grudges.
You take offense.
You seek vengeance
and think it will satisfy.

You let the evil one
control your mind.
Learn to forgive to
escape his control.

Don't walk in unforgiveness.
Let…It…Go.
Don't let anger
seize your life.

Forgive them as I
forgive you.
On Golgotha I
forgave my killers.

As Judas left to betray
he was forgiven.
Nothing you do is
worse sin than his.

Accept My forgiveness.
Confess to be healed.
Let Me make you whole.
Become intimate with Me.

As I forgive you
forgive those who
wound* you.
Pass on My blessing.

You can't do it in
your own strength.
Let My healing come
so you can forgive.

(Matt 6:9-15, Luke 23:34, John 13:18-30)
Inspired by Dennis W., sermon January 21, 2007 (don't blame him for Judas, that is my interpretation)
© January 21, 2007, Presbypoet
*(debts, sins, or trespasses against you)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You let the evil one
control your mind.
Learn to forgive to
escape his control.


This is most certainly true.

Nice to see another poem from God.

:)

Leslie

1/26/2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

People do make mistakes and I think they should be punished. But they should be forgiven and given the opportunity for a second chance. We are human beings. See the link below for more info.


#forgiven
www.matreyastudios.com

10/28/2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home