Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Why You hear Me

As a poet, who seems to speak for God (note the blog title). There is a very important detail. God wants us to listen to Him. Not to the Bible, not to a minister or priest (or priestess), but to Him. Many people know the Bible, but don't know God. They can tell you all about Jesus, give you all the facts, quote scripture, have 500 verses for every occasion, yet not understand what the scripture means. What I find interesting about liberal christianity, is how it is focused on following the teachings of Jesus, not on following Jesus.

Back in November 2003, this poem came unasked very early one morning as I awoke and wrote.

Why You Hear Me

Your wisdom
is foolishness.
You don’t impress Me
with what you know.

You think you
understand Me.
You have no way
to comprehend My plan.

Yet the simplest of fools
with nothing to offer
can hear Me
and obey Me.

Don’t be so proud
I speak to you.
I speak to all.
Only a few listen.
Isaiah 29:14, Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21, First Corinthians 1:18-25
© Presbypoet, November 29, 2003, Heard at 5:45 AM

I'm not speaking for God, but hearing Him, and trying to be obedient. Then asking forgiveness for sins of omission and commission. You want humbling, try waking up hearing those words. (I added the Bible verses that seemed related).
I posted this February 4th, but it seems important as an explanation of why and what happens from time to time. The next poem came about an hour later, as I was trying to understand the first.

How Do You Know It’s Me you Hear

How do you know
It’s Me you hear?
The voice that Mohammed
and Joseph Smith heard
was dark angel.
Not Me.

To know it’s Me you hear.
Read My word.
Get to know Me.
Be still.
Then listen.
Hear Me in the silence.

© Presbypoet, November 29, 2003, heard at 6:45 AM

Simple, just read the scripture and be still.
I still have a long way to go.
Yet all I have to do is listen.
Then speak.

I would like to thank my beautiful wife for helping me learn how to listen.
She will tell you I still have a long way to go.
That is why they call it "The Way".
Presbypoet

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a frightening post! God doesn't want us to listen to his word, but to Him -- and you have the arrogance to speak for him? God doesn't want us to listen to men and women He calls ministers, but to Him, which you say means YOU?

I suppose you have a shot gun in your car and you are waiting for God to tell you to blow the brains out of someone. Film at 11?

People like you scare me to death.

9/24/2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home