Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Jesus a Nice Guy

You want Me
to be nice.
Just love you.
Just forgive you.

Accept you are broken.
Admit your sin.
Observe My commandments
they are My demand.

In awe & terror
flee from My face.
You can’t make
slightest demand.

You oppress the poor.
Your alliance robs the needy.
Your leaders lie.
You tolerate evil.

You want Me
to be soft.
To make you comfortable.
To make no demands.

Because I love you
I refine you.
I let Shishak (2 Chron 12:7)
Pillage your temple.

I drove the merchants
from your temple.
I strip you of all
that keeps you from Me.
© Presbypoet, March 26, 2000

This is the Jesus who makes us very uncomfortable.
This is the one who asks for obedience.
Follow Me He asks.
Will you follow Him?

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Nice work. I find your work amusing and entertaining. Delightful.

8/27/2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home