Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The Death of Alice

The Death Of Alice
(killed by freedom)
Alice the final chapter
By Presbypoet © December 1996
The member of our household who expressed her love the most
DIED December 14, 1996, at 7:20 AM
Alice Died because :
I gave her FREEDOM,
FREEDOM to leave protected safety,
to die.
Twas FREEDOM killed her,
but FREEDOM let her live,
live a JOYFUL LIFE.
If I had protected her,
She might have lived longer, but less JOYFUL,
She would have lived, but not LIVED.
Alice had freedom to make her own choices,
She was never sick, was able to run in the yard,
lie on the grass, dig holes,
and race me to fallen peaches.
The danger of freedom she enjoyed,
let Her have freedom to show Her LOVE to me,
by coming FREELY to me.
You can’t PROTECT without restricting FREEDOM,
the trick lies in somehow anticipating real DANGER,
while allowing FREEDOM.
When the RAIN falls,
you must remember the JOY that came,
because you chose the DANGER.
It hurts Alice is gone,
Even tho, when I see GOD,
I will see Alice.
From my heart,
An Alice hole is missing,
missing from my heart.
I will always remember her softness,
when She ran to meet Me, to share Her LOVE,
and take a carrot.



In DEATH,
I remember LIFE,
To embrace LOVE & LIFE,
I must SEE…DEATH,
Imbedded IN LOVE & LIFE
The more we LOVE,
The more we HURT,
When She is GONE.
Rejoice in the HURT,
That shows us the LOVE,
When She is GONE.
When I think of PAIN,
I think of RAIN,
THAT FALLS ON US.
We don’t want the RAIN,
or the PAIN,
THAT FALLS ON US.
Do you follow GOD,
To stop the RAIN?
How will you cope,
when HE lets it RAIN.
GOD gives us FREEDOM.
FREEDOM to go,
but FREEDOM to come to LOVE,
FREEDOM to come to HIM.
We can choose LOVE,
only in our FREEDOM.
Without FREEDOM,
LOVE cannot exist.
I thank GOD,
for showing Me:
WHEN I SEE HIM,
I WILL SEE ALICE
and Her LOVE for me.
Help me GOD to SEE,
LOVE for me
Not fearing to LOVE, family, friends,
or GOD.
LORD, help me show LOVE
to others near me,
so they will not fear
to fall in love with me.

LORD, thank you for the message,
You sent through Alice,
of DEATH & LOVE & SORROW,
of PAIN & TRUST & YOU.
Written December 1996, from pain & loss,
By Presbypoet

This was the first poem I ever wrote. It didn't start out as a poem, it started as pure pain that bled onto the page. Yet it taught me an important lesson about why God allows danger, and why it may be very important.

Who is Alice?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home