Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Answer to the Paradox demanded the woman

You ask about the paradox
My demand to the woman
found in adultery.
Such a simple thing.
Just that I don’t condemn
yet require that you don’t sin.
The simple answer is this
to just do both.

To understand that while
I offer you forgiveness
I cannot tolerate sin.
Without My forgiveness
I could not tolerate you.
Do you know I love you?
Do you understand this?

Read the story of the prodigal
and how his father rejoices.
You don’t understand My love.
Unless you understand his.
You don’t understand why
I forgive.
You seem to think
you are in control.

You are sinners hanging over hell
in the hands of an angry God.
Dangling by a slender thread
thinner than you can imagine.
In such peril beyond comprehension.
Eternity in a lake of fire pales by comparison.
Do you know how to fear Me?
Do you know Me?

I know My sheep.
Are you one of My sheep?
Do you know for sure?
Is your faith secure?
Do you know where you will go
when you die?
© Presbypoet, March 15, 2004
What are your answers? -Presbypoet December 29, 2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home