Friday, December 09, 2005

Making Things New

One thing that I have noticed is that people come to church because they are broken. Like those who came to Jesus. Hopeless. In need of healing. Lepers. Sinners. Jesus invites them to come.
This poem was written in 2001, the message is still current. Jesus invites the broken to come and be healed.

Making Things New

You come to Me
broken.
hopeless.
At end of your rope.
I offer hope
mercy
redemption.
Making things new.

I love you.
You’re important.
You have value
I see within.
I chose to love you.
To care for you.
I reach out to you
to heal.

Transformation
offered you.
Hope, real stuff
to be born again.
Love given
freely without price.
Offered you
to change your life.

I loved you so much
I died on a tree.
Sacrificed for you.
To set you free.
Now pass it on to others
I send you to give hope.
To the broken, hopeless
at end of their rope.
© Presbypoet, May 13, 2001

Are you at the end of your rope? Do you know Jesus offers true hope?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home