Sunday, November 27, 2005

Advent. Do you Look Forward

Today is the first day of advent. The first Sunday. What do we make of advent. What does it mean. Today, a theme was looking forward. Strange. Isn't this something that happened 2,000 years ago? How can we look forward to something that has already happened?

This is the poem heard in a homily today.

Look Forward

To what do you
look forward to today?
Do you look forward
to My return?

Do you look forward
to Christmas?
Do you look forward
to seeing Me today?

Do you eagerly
await My presence?
Do you earnestly
seek My face?

I am coming.
Will you watch
with eager expectation
to be present with Me?

Be alert.
Look for Me.
Look forward
to My coming.
(Isaiah 63:16-64:8Mark 13:31-38, 1st Corinthians 1:3-9)
Inspired by homily by Dennis S.
© Presbypoet, November 27, 2005)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home