Friday, January 28, 2005

Intimacy Offered

Hurting
howling
in need of healing
you come.

Alone
abandoned
in desolate silence
you come.

Dead
decaying bones
scattered
you come.

Branches
broken
dying of thirst
you come.

Broken
battered
in pain
you come.

Called in your pain
to come.

Trapped
imprisoned
impossible
you cannot come.

Songbird
wings battered
against invisible prison
you cannot come.

The bridge is out
your path
impossible
you cannot come.

Blind
deaf & dumb
off-line
you cannot come.

You
have
no map
you cannot come.

Ass
trapped in that
Sabbath ditch
you cannot come.

Cry out in pain.
Cry out in prison.
Cry out in anguish.
Cry out in the midst of misery.
Cry out in blindness.
Cry out...Alone.

Terror washes over.
Too strong to endure.
Trapped in that ditch
Death’s flood soon to overcome.
Breath becomes impossible.
Suicide only hope.

Alone
abandoned
hopeless.

...

I speak in your blind pain.
Hear Me in still small voice.
You are not alone.
Help is offered.
Rescue assured.
Reach out.
Open the door.
Let Me come into you.
Commune with me.

I endured your pain.
I suffered for you.
In midst of pain.
In midst of sorrow.
In midst of bankruptcy, both fiscal and moral.
In midst of most awful suffering.
I am with you.
I came for you.

Tenderly
Softly
Lovingly
Wounds tended.
Healing offered.
Joy overflows.
I offer intimacy.
To walk close beside.

Hear My voice.
See Me clearly.
Feel My tender touch.
Know My love.
You are never alone.
Hope is within.

Become ever joyful
in midst of suffering.
The pain will remain
but there is purpose now.

Go now.
Share me with others
trapped in pain
shattered in sorrow.
Go offer hope.
Go offer Me.
© Presbypoet, March 18, 2000
We offer you hope.
Will you accept?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home