Tuesday, February 01, 2005

The Beatitudes

Read the Beatitudes
to know the mind of God
Understand their meaning
to know who I am.
On the cross
I trusted God.
I said not My will
but thine be done.

I came to bring justice.
Not peace but a sword.
I showed divine wrath
driving out the money lenders.
I came to show compassion
healing the blind and lame.
Offering forgiveness
to all who accept grace.

I came to offer peace.
Not peace in absence of conflict
but utter peace and joy
in midst of suffering.
I came to show how
to be intimate with God.
To show those who seek
you will be found by God.

I came with humility.
I gave up heavens joy
and came to earth
as a humble babe.
This is how you
come to know Me.
Read the beatitudes.
They tell you who I am.
Matthew 5:1-12
Inspired by Michael B. January 30, 2005
©Presbypoet, January 30, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home